As we’re here for Embark dog DNA test review, we’re assuming that you already know almost all about dog DNA test. But don’t worry if you’re not familiar with the test. Because the top portion of our review contains a complete but short summary on dog DNA test.
The trend of testing our dog’s DNA to know its breed accurately is becoming more and more popular. There are a plenty of reasons to test your dog’s DNA. Also, there are plenty of reasons to choose Embark dog DNA test for the most accurate result.
So, wait no more, let’s jump into the review.
Basics on dog DNA test
The DNA is the ultimate data storage of a species. You will find the story of a breed from the beginning to this day in a dog’s DNA.
Like other DNA tastings, dog DNA test needs a specimen of your dog. It can be saliva or blood. After collecting the sample, you would pack it and send it to the relevant company. Then they’ll give you results about your dog’s breed in a short period of time.
The process is fairly simple and easy to follow. The database inside the company searches for the closest match of your given sample and give you answer. The accuracy of dog DNA test solely depends upon the sample quantity. The more data is in the database, the more it’ll be accurate.
How the DNA test is beneficial
- The DNA test is beneficial in so many ways. If you already know your dog’s breed accurately, it’d be okay if you don’t test. But if you don’t know or assumed its breed by looking, then you should immediately check it.
- The first benefit is that you can diagnose and prevent any genetic disease common to your dog’s breed. It’s only possible when you do the test and know the breed.
- The second big advantage is you’ll know perfectly about your dog’s behavior as every breed has some issues. By knowing the breed, you can train your dog in the right way.
- The information will also help you predict weight range for your dog and you can help your dog maintain a healthy diet.
- The benefits are more but it’ll probably bore you because you can already realize the importance of dog DNA test. So, let’s move on to our dog DNA test review.
Embark dog DNA test
The journey of Ryan and Adam to build Embark veterinary is incredible. They dedicated their lives to the betterment of the dogs’ life. Embark is the #1 choice by many pet experts.
The new DNA testing kit from Embark has premium features for which dog owners love it so much.
- You’ll get the most accurate breed identification with ancestry and health issue report in this single package.
- The advice is given by experienced vets. So, you can trust on the result and recommendations.
- DNA sample collection is done by just swabbing your dog’s cheek.
- Very rich database includes over 200,000 genetic markers.
- The reports are made such way that you can easily collaborate with a local vet.
- The test checks for over 160 potential genetic diseases.
- Okay, enough with the features. Now its time to take a look at the pros and cons of Embark dog DNA test.
Why choose Embark on others
At this point, you must be thinking, why to go for something so expensive where I can choose a better alternative. Well, let me give some real reason to choose Embark despite having some serious cons.
- You’ll get free of cost lifetime update service which includes adding any new genetic association to your panel.
- They have wonderfully designed reporting system which includes web accessibility and app integration. With their report, you can easily consult with your vet for any health issues.
- Embark provides more in-depth information unlike other competitors in the market. They help your dog live a little bit longer by valuable recommendations.
- They provide complex and detailed history on your dog’s ancestors.
Do you still have any doubt? We don’t think so. Because if you do a little bit research, you’ll know that no other test kit gives you this much facility. Now, we’ll try to answer some FAQ and after you’ll know our editor’s rating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to do a swap?
Ans: The process is very simple and easy. Follow this link to know it in details.
Q: The eye color of my dog is making me confused about its breed. Is Embark the best option to test accurately my dog’s breed?
Ans: The dog can be purebred or not. It can only be known after the test because eye color can be controlled by coat color genes. So, do the test and yes Embark is the best option because of its huge database.
Q: How many breeds are under Embark RADAR?
Ans: There are over 150 breeds in Embarks base of operations and it covers almost 98% of dog breed in the U.S.A.
Q: How long do I have to wait for the results?
Ans: Within two weeks, you’ll get the confirmation of starting the process. Then wait for another 2 or 3 weeks before the result arrives.
Q: What is the best way for swabbing?
Ans: Introduce some food in front of your dog and it’ll start drooling. Then use a Q-tip and rub it between the gum and the teeth to gather as much saliva as possible. It usually doesn’t take too long.
Our deep research is based on product quality and popularity. So, we gave Embark dog DNA test a rating of 4.6 out of 5. Because you can get quick, reliable, and the most accurate result of your buddy.
You already know why testing your dog’s DNA is so important and why to choose Embark on the best results.